Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
botlab:openmeeting_20141028 [2014/10/28 21:37]
dwyatt [Topics discussed]
botlab:openmeeting_20141028 [2014/10/28 21:38] (current)
dwyatt
Line 1: Line 1:
-====== ​BOTLab committee ​meeting 28 October 2014 ======+====== ​Hackspace members' ​meeting 28 October 2014 ======
  
 ===== Agenda ===== ===== Agenda =====
Line 22: Line 22:
 ===== Topics discussed ===== ===== Topics discussed =====
  
-  * **Tidy the Space day:**+  * **Tidy the Space day:​** ​(MV)
     * Date to be arranged - before Christmas party => end November     * Date to be arranged - before Christmas party => end November
     * Need to do a tip run, probably - at the weekend it'll be quite busy => maybe sort things out for someone to take - various people volunteer to help transport stuff to the tip     * Need to do a tip run, probably - at the weekend it'll be quite busy => maybe sort things out for someone to take - various people volunteer to help transport stuff to the tip
Line 30: Line 30:
     * Pillar drills: we have 2, DH says one was donated by UWE, the other is TSeely'​s - apparently Tarim has a use for one at the Pervasive Media Studios     * Pillar drills: we have 2, DH says one was donated by UWE, the other is TSeely'​s - apparently Tarim has a use for one at the Pervasive Media Studios
     * Noted that Richard S and Jamie L offer to remove some of the equipment     * Noted that Richard S and Jamie L offer to remove some of the equipment
-  * **Bike space organisation:​**+  * **Bike space organisation:​** ​(NC)
     * NC originally suggested this - he observed that many hackspace members are interested in bikes, but there isn't really enough space at the moment to do work on it so it would be a good use of the new space     * NC originally suggested this - he observed that many hackspace members are interested in bikes, but there isn't really enough space at the moment to do work on it so it would be a good use of the new space
     * Equipment needed: NC's spare bike stand, a bench and a vice - existing electronic equipment should suffice?     * Equipment needed: NC's spare bike stand, a bench and a vice - existing electronic equipment should suffice?
Line 36: Line 36:
     * JW concerned about use of solvents near laser cutters etc.     * JW concerned about use of solvents near laser cutters etc.
     * Members present vote to spend £50 of Hackspace funds on tools - **Action:** NC to buy tools and reclaim     * Members present vote to spend £50 of Hackspace funds on tools - **Action:** NC to buy tools and reclaim
-  * **"​Dave the PC case man" query**+  * **"​Dave the PC case man" query** ​(MV)
     * No-one knows who this is! To be traced through other avenues ​     * No-one knows who this is! To be traced through other avenues ​
-  * **Shall we advertise on Bristol Cable?**+  * **Shall we advertise on Bristol Cable?​** ​(MV)
     * [[http://​thebristolcable.org/​ | The Bristol Cable]] is a local newspaper that's just been set up - they'​ll be taking adverts in the next issue     * [[http://​thebristolcable.org/​ | The Bristol Cable]] is a local newspaper that's just been set up - they'​ll be taking adverts in the next issue
     * Debate about whether we need new members - ~75 members for ~6months, jumped to 84 in Sept - but more members is good!     * Debate about whether we need new members - ~75 members for ~6months, jumped to 84 in Sept - but more members is good!
Line 44: Line 44:
     * Observed that Thursday nights are crowded, but the space is very sparsely used for the rest of the time     * Observed that Thursday nights are crowded, but the space is very sparsely used for the rest of the time
     * Out of the people here, what do people think? All (13) interested in principle in advertising,​ but need to know how much - **Action:** MV will find out how much and let the list know     * Out of the people here, what do people think? All (13) interested in principle in advertising,​ but need to know how much - **Action:** MV will find out how much and let the list know
-  * Health and safety (proposed by JW)+  ​* **Health and safety** (JW)
     * Extension leads behind workshop machines is not desirable - but this should hopefully be covered by the G10 space reorganisation plans (see below)     * Extension leads behind workshop machines is not desirable - but this should hopefully be covered by the G10 space reorganisation plans (see below)
     * Fire extinguishers:​ regulations say you have to have to have an evacuation plan and a way of putting out a fire - we don't have this! And we use a number of activities/​processes/​materials that would be flammable     * Fire extinguishers:​ regulations say you have to have to have an evacuation plan and a way of putting out a fire - we don't have this! And we use a number of activities/​processes/​materials that would be flammable
Line 53: Line 53:
     * Need a first aid kit in both rooms, and a system for replenishing it - **Action:** RD offers to acquire another first aid kit and replenish the existing one     * Need a first aid kit in both rooms, and a system for replenishing it - **Action:** RD offers to acquire another first aid kit and replenish the existing one
     * Need a printed set of instructions so that we can describe to the emergency services where we are located in the event of a fire!     * Need a printed set of instructions so that we can describe to the emergency services where we are located in the event of a fire!
-  * **Network/​hosting provider:**+  * **Network/​hosting provider:​** ​(BL)
     * BL has arranged for a free VPS from Mythic Beasts     * BL has arranged for a free VPS from Mythic Beasts
     * **Actions:​** DW will arrange to pay XtreamLab for hosting for a year in advance from now - in the meantime BL will continue migrating our site to Mythic Beasts, hopefully to be finished well within a year     * **Actions:​** DW will arrange to pay XtreamLab for hosting for a year in advance from now - in the meantime BL will continue migrating our site to Mythic Beasts, hopefully to be finished well within a year
     * Problem with the wiki - **Action:** BL to talk to Patrick about this     * Problem with the wiki - **Action:** BL to talk to Patrick about this
-  * **Internal networking in the space:**+  * **Internal networking in the space:​** ​(BL)
     * BL and Alaric propose having an always-on server in the space in a segregated box - partly so it doesn'​t get turned off by mistake     * BL and Alaric propose having an always-on server in the space in a segregated box - partly so it doesn'​t get turned off by mistake
     * Also for e.g. the switch, so we could install network points around the room...     * Also for e.g. the switch, so we could install network points around the room...
  • botlab/openmeeting_20141028
  • Last modified: 5 years ago
  • by dwyatt