BOTLab C.I.C. Directors' Meeting 30 June 2021

  • Nick G (minutes), Alex R (chair), Felix H, Matt G
  • None
  • None
  • Competing 3D printer micro proposals - FH lends support to NG's proposal, so does Marsh (George R)
  • NG - Scheduling the AGM
  • NG - Named roles for directors
  • AR - proposal to link membership fees and purchase proposal thresholds with inflation (as measured by the retail prices index)
  • AR - proposal to lower number of directors required for a micro proposal to 1
  • AR - constitution is not up to date with changes from AGM, suggest updating and submitting with the accounts
  • AR - onboarding of members is too much work for the directors - discussion around lowering workload
  • AR - discussion around strategy for wood and metal workshops
  • MG - Rules updates
  • AR - Wood waste disposal
  • NG - Badges for open evenings
  • Scheduling AGM - 27th July at 7pm in Hackspace/remote
  • Named roles for directors - Treasurer, Membership secretary, Facilities and infrastructure officer, Health and safety officer, Communications officer
  • Membership fees and purchase proposals limits tied to inflation - in favour - 1, against - 3, not passed
  • Micro proposal number of directors lowered to 1 - should tie in with proposals and funds review, this suggestion alone does not fix it, proposals review to be presented at AGM
  • Constitution - all updates from past year to be incorporated and put forward for a special resolution at AGM
  • onboarding members - workload varies; directors do not need to do initial tour; should switch to biweekly onboardings (whenever NG is in)
  • wood and metal workshops - wood workshop looking good but needs a champion, JT and RC have been making plans for metal workshop, will bring it to directors, hopefully will present at AGM
  • rules updates - rules documents have been tweaked, extra rule added, to be proposed at AGM
  • wood waste disposal - should look at commercial wood waste disposal contract
  • badges for open evenings - makes director identification easier, should be a proposal
  • Proposals and funds review - MG to draft for feedback
  • Constitution - NG to draft, AR to send NG details of amendments
  • Onboarding members - FH to make QR code for getting URL to sign up and to update website
  • wood and metal workshops - AR to email interested parties and get them to bring proposal(s) to us for metal workshop, MG to approach potential wood workshop champions
  • rules updates - FH, AR and NG to check before presented to members at AGM
  • wood waste disposal - AR to investigate
  • badges for open evenings - NG to draft micro proposal
  • botlab/meeting_20210630
  • Last modified: 3 months ago
  • by nick_gover