BOTLab C.I.C. Directors' Meeting 30 Dec 2020

  • Alex R
  • Matt G
  • Nick G
  • None
  • None
  • metal lathe tooling
  • wood lathe bits
  • review of actions from previous meeting
  • email signatures
  • social media accounts - should we register them so they don't get taken (task for social media champ?)
  • russ' resignation - announcement
  • building works at days road
  • “hackspace bristol university” is quite similar to “bristol hackspace”. Will this cause problems?
  • website
    • bristolhackspace.org is empty at the moment, what is the plan for this
    • should we get a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system to manage memberships, events, mailing lists etc. e.g. CiviCRM
  • Tool access control system - status update
  • The Hackspace foundation - is BOTLab a member? if not, should we become one?
  • Scheduling the next members meeting
    • agenda to include voting on the usage of rooms at days road
  • Proposal - Metal Lathe Tooling - Matt G Questions cost of sprung chuck keys vs original plan for interlock'd key holsters. Alex R - the latter doesn't actually exist. Nick G - Sprung keys the only solution to chuck key danger that will actually happen. Supported by MG, NG, AR
  • Proposal - Replacement pullies and belt. Supported by AR, MG, NG.
  • AR - Do we need to use formal email sigs on internal comms. NG I think denoting hat on/off is sufficient internally. MG Agrees with NG.
  • Social Media Accounts - MG ses lets check in with Jonny to see how setting up the accounts goes. AR ses lets set them up ourselves if Jonny doesn't want to anymore
  • Russignation - AR we need to announce this. MG - Let's give russ a deadline. We will do it on the 2nd otherwise. Passed MG AR NG.
  • Vote for Matt's plan for walls down / up: Support: MG NG AR
  • Bristol University Hackspace - AR suggests contacting them to suggest reciprocal signposting, once we are open again.
  • Access Control System - currently postponed by lockdown.
  • Hackspace Foundaction - AR to email to find out if it's worth joining
  • Next Members meeting - Mg suggests Last tuesday of Jan (26th) Supported - AR MG NG
  • AR to get another lathe moving quote
  • AR to contact jonny about social media
  • AR to email hackspace foundation
  • MG contact russell
  • MG to continue to arrange wall movings
  • MG to check in with Felix regards web progress.
  • NG to contact Aussie Dave regards trolley of wood.
  • botlab/meeting_20201230
  • Last modified: 6 months ago
  • by mattg