Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
botlab:meeting_20181211 [2018/12/11 17:18]
nick_gover
botlab:meeting_20181211 [2018/12/13 15:34] (current)
nick_gover
Line 1: Line 1:
 ====== BOTLab Committee meeting 12 Dec 2018 ====== ====== BOTLab Committee meeting 12 Dec 2018 ======
 **Date/time and location:** 7pm, 12 Dec 2018 at an Undisclosed Location **Date/time and location:** 7pm, 12 Dec 2018 at an Undisclosed Location
 +
  
 ===== Agenda ===== ===== Agenda =====
-  * Incident review. +  * Incident review 
-  * Proposal review.+  * Proposal review
   * Membership agreement/​code of conduct   * Membership agreement/​code of conduct
   * Laser billing   * Laser billing
-  * Lathe update+  * Lathe & CNC mill update
   * G10 Rearrange feedback   * G10 Rearrange feedback
   * Chemical cupboard review (contents)   * Chemical cupboard review (contents)
-  * 2017-2018 ​Budget ​preview+  * 2017-2018 ​Accounts ​preview
   * Changing day for committee meetings   * Changing day for committee meetings
   * AOB   * AOB
  
 +  ​
 ===== Attendees ===== ===== Attendees =====
 +Everyone!
  
 +Apologies: None!
  
-Apologies: ​ 
  
 ===== Topics discussed ===== ===== Topics discussed =====
 **Incident review** **Incident review**
  
 +None reported.
  
  
 ---- ----
- 
  
 **Proposals** **Proposals**
  
-[[http://​bristol.hackspace.org.uk/​wiki/​doku.php?​id=hsproposals_2018-12-11-prusa-mk3|NG:​ Replacement for Reprap]]+[[http://​bristol.hackspace.org.uk/​wiki/​doku.php?​id=hsproposals_2018-12-11-prusa-mk3|NG:​ Replacement for Reprap]]\\ 
 +Committee sanity check: Passed unanimously. On to members meeting.
  
----- 
  
 +----
  
 **Membership agreement/​code of conduct** **Membership agreement/​code of conduct**
  
-  * Where we at?+  * NG has passed on to rest of committee. MG has made major changes to structure. 
 +  * IAS, RC and TS have had opportunity to make changes. 
 +  * MG wants to make more changes in time for AGM. 
 +  * Open to committee editing until we give notice for AGM.
  
  
Line 43: Line 50:
 **Laser billing update** **Laser billing update**
  
-  * Update from IAS/NG +  * IAS: ~£1,000 paid so far. Some members paying by installment. ​NG has kept a record of payments. IAS to use this data to prepare new invoices. New invoices to be sent out before Christmas. 
-  * Forgiving debt?+  * NG: Can we set terms for paymentTime limit? 
 +  * IAS: 30 days from invoice date.
  
  
 ---- ----
  
-**Lathe update**+**Lathe ​& CNC mill update** 
 + 
 +  * RC: Lathe now in G10. Some issues from suppliers. Still outstanding a 4 jaw chuck, suppliers have taken tailstock away for repair. Lathe needs moving. ​  
 +  * Jonny T, RC and MG have discussed CNC mill and made a list of work required. JT has bought new components. Need to physically separate mains power and water. Need to organise a date to do the work, waiting for JT to suggest a date when he can lead.
  
  
Line 55: Line 66:
  
 **G10 Rearrange feedback** **G10 Rearrange feedback**
 +
 +  * MG: Lots of member engagement. Bigger task than G11. Have freed up a lot of space and got rid of lots of junk. Not complete yet. Workbench still being completed by Toby Scott. Still need to call another works day/weekend to finish it off, especially aiding Toby Scott.
 +  * MG to pick date and TS will send out Mailchimp mailshot.
 +  * NG requests receipts to repay expenses.
 +  * Committee gives thanks to MG and all members involved.
 + 
  
 ---- ----
  
 **Chemical cupboard review** **Chemical cupboard review**
 +
 +  * RC: Found expired eyewash in it.
 +  * MG: Discovered a bottle knocked over on middle shelf and unknown substance spilt over lots of contents.
 +  * Committee to action at end of meeting.
  
  
 ---- ----
  
-**2017-2018 ​Budget ​preview**+**2017-2018 ​Accounts ​preview** 
 + 
 +**Income:​** 
 +  * Membership income: £16,​278.28 
 +  * Laser cutter income: £1,​021.10 
 +  * Other income (skillshares,​ sale of Hardinge): £745.03 
 +  * Total: £18,​044.41 
 + 
 + 
 +**Outgoings:​** 
 +  * Studio contributions:​ £50 
 +  * Equipment and supplies: £6,867.79 (£6,010.82 counted as assets) 
 +  * Membership subscriptions:​ £35 
 +  * Rent: £6,391 
 +  * Electricity:​ £2,​588.97 
 +  * Miscellaneous expenses (server hosting, bank account charges, Companies House fees, accountants fees, insurance): £1,​617.50 
 +  * Total: £17,​550.26 
 + 
 +NG: Need to complete asset register, then will send to accountants. Ready for AGM in March (hopefully).
  
  
Line 69: Line 108:
  
 **Changing day for committee meetings** **Changing day for committee meetings**
-  ​* From Tuesdays to Wednesday+ 
 +  ​* From Tuesdays to Wednesdays. 
 +  * Unanimous support. 
  
 ---- ----
  
 **AOB** **AOB**
-  * Setting up Direct Debit for XtreamLab hosting. 
-  * Progress on new server? 
  
 +  * MG, RC, NG & Felix H have been discussing and working on setting up RFID card access to all induction-requiring equipment. Have been working on prototype using off-the-shelf parts. Seems to be promising so far. Also want to suggest to Nic M that the system is set up on his machines to prevent unauthorised use.
 +  * IAS: Can it cover billing too?
 +  * MG: Yes.
 +  ​
 +  ​
 +  * NG: Setting up Direct Debit for XtreamLab hosting, yes/no?
 +  * Unanimous yes.
 +  * NG to action.
 +  ​
 +  ​
 +  * NG: Progress on new server?
 +  * TS: No progress, shut it down?
 +  * MG: Shut it down, allow time to backup work on it.
 +  * Unanimous agreement.
  • botlab/meeting_20181211
  • Last modified: 19 months ago
  • by nick_gover