BOTLab members' meeting 11 July 2017

Date/time and location: 7pm, 11 July 2017 at the Hackspace

  • Incident review
  • Laser cutter breakdown
  • Dust Extraction
  • Hardinge Lathe disposal
  • AOB

Members: John D, Richard L, Tom G

Committee: Nick G (minutes), Ian A-S, Arthur A

Apologies: Toby S

Incidents

  • NG: None reported apart from laser cutter

Laser

  • NG: Health and safety issue of radiation coming through air vents.
  • RL: Contact manufacturer
  • TG: Been discussed in the past, it should be addressed ASAP.
  • RL: When laser cutter is up and running, put a plate across vents, leaving air gap.
  • What failed?
  • IA-S: Wait for Russ C to check PSU tomorrow.
  • Reason?
  • IA-S: Don't know!
  • sourcing replacement parts UK or China?
  • IA-S: 1 year warranty on PSU from JAS.
  • NG: If it is PSU, get in touch with JAS.

G10 Dust Extraction

  • NG: Nic M has a proposal open. New or old?
  • JD & AA: New.
  • TG: What about maintenance? What's easiest to use if people don't empty?
  • IA-S: Fix current old air filtration, someone needs to get bits and fix it.
  • AA: Ask for volunteers.
  • IA-S: ACTION contact Nic M to make proposal clearer.

Hardinge Lathe

  • IA-S: Decided to sell in last committee meeting, but nothing was done. ACTION contact John W to find how much was spent and put up for sale.

AOB

  • RL: Bills for laser cutter?
  • AA: Will get around to it. How to accept payments?
  • IA-S: BACS, preferably, cash, cheques.
  • AA: Some users have a lot of debt.
  • IA-S: Give a month after asking for payment, then chase up.
  • AA: What threshold to chase up payment?
  • IA-S: £5.
  • AA: ACTION bring list of people owing money to next committee meeting
  • TG: Improve number of electrical sockets in certain areas of G11: electronics area
  • IA-S: Combine with getting more sockets in G10.
  • botlab/openmeeting_20170711
  • Last modified: 23 months ago
  • by nick_gover