BOTLab committee meeting 13 October 2015

  • Matt V
  • David H
  • David W
  • Patrick N

Russell D sends his apologies.

  • Insurance
    • Agreed unanimously to spend ~£1500 on relatively wide-ranging insurance as a facility provided for members (final cost pending receipt of agreed quotation)
    • Once we have defined an appropriate policy we agree as a committee to purchase the insurance without further consultation with hackspace or BOTLab members.
    • Reviewed and commented on John W's and MV's questions on CaSEINSURANCE policy, as detailed in this spreadsheet. Some points remain to be clarified with insurers and/or JW.
    • Actions:
      • DH to resolve remaining points with Nicola at CaSEINSURANCE.
        • We suspect they may require us to provide appropriate H&S documentation. If so we will need to put it in place before proceeding.
      • DW to approach JW to clarify some of his comments/questions.
    • Thanks to DH, MV and JW for all their work to date!
  • Pillar drill large purchase proposal
    • Agreed to spend up to £500 for a floorstanding good-quality one, in preference to spending less money on a poor-quality benchtop one.
    • Outstanding question: who will research and purchase it?
  • Other agenda items postponed to next meeting!
  • botlab/meeting_20151013
  • Last modified: 4 months ago
  • by felix.h