Committee meeting 17 September 2013 (postponed from 3 June)

Agenda

  • Changing BOTLab registered address
  • Allocating roles to committee members
    • Delegating admin responsibilities
    • Selection of Chair
  • Reviewing Hackspace insurance cover
  • Storage for members (putting the plan into action)
  • Signing forms for access to online banking
  • Data Protection
  • Self closing door
  • Key card review
  • Laser cutter agreement
  • Open Studios charge - £20
  • Any other business

Attendees

Matt Venn, David Henshall, David Wyatt (minute-taker)

Minutes

  • Changing BOTLab registered address
    • MV to check with Penny whether it's OK to use BV Studios - if so, DFW will change the address with Companies House
  • Allocating roles to committee members (Delegating admin responsibilities Selection of Chair)
    • DW has compiled a list of admin roles in BOTLab - he's happy to keep doing treasurer job
    • MV happy to continue with event organising
    • Other committee: please put initials by tasks you would be interested in doing
    • And start doing them straight away!
  • Reviewing Hackspace insurance cover
    • Current cover expires 14 November 2013
    • DH would prefer an insurance policy specifically for voluntary groups - current policy describes other members as if they're “employees” of committee rather than fellow members!
    • MV chose insurance because he's got personal insurance from them and asked them specifically for our needs
    • DH: esp. important in light of interest from teenagers etc.
    • DH will find alternative options and compare with existing policy
  • Storage for members (putting the plan into action)
    • 35l box plan was discussed at Agenda
      • Can order stuff delivered to BV Studios - couriers just ring the bell and we (or others) will let them in
      • But we think we should postpone actually setting this up until after the shelves are up!
    • A more general item: arrange a working weekend for space refurbishment!
      • DH: set a date first and then plan up to that! ~3 weeks time - DW will set up a doodle and rest of committee will encourage members to join in
      • Tasks include:
        • Paint area of bare floor
        • Build shelving units - need to fabricate some sort of metal joiner for “ends” of shelves and obtain wooden panels to go in them
        • Build bench along soldering iron wall (?)
        • Tip run
        • Sort “to hack” items
      • Need a budget for expenses
  • Signing forms for access to online banking
    • DH has signed - others can be added later
  • Data Protection
    • Delayed until next meeting - DFW to research/prepare
  • Self closing door
    • Discussed at members' meeting
  • Key card review
    • Discussed at members' meeting
  • Laser cutter agreement
    • Discussed at members' meeting
  • Open Studios charge - £20
    • Need to pay it, and repay hackspace members who paid it before - DFW to sort
  • Any other business
  • botlab/meeting_20130917
  • Last modified: 4 years ago
  • by dwyatt