Bristol Hackspace Wiki
Welcome to the Bristol Hackspace Wiki, a place to share ideas and information for the Bristol Hackspace community.
If there's information you want that isn't on here, please add it to the list of requested pages.
Key Hackspace information
- Join the Google Group
Using the Hackspace
- Bins and Recycling It's up to members to keep the space clean and tidy!
- Routine Tasks regular maintenance work necessary to keep the space working efficiently
- Non Routine Jobs Things that are faulty and need fixing
- Signage to signify status of items in the hackspace
- BOTlab (The Hackspace legal entity) Administration / Minutes / Constitution / Expenses etc
Equipment and components
Most hand tools are available for use by members without induction. However, some REQUIRE INDUCTION before use.
- Bandsaw (INDUCTION REQUIRED)
Other equipment pages
Buying equipment for the hackspace
Note for changing this section: include blog/twitter/facebook feed?
- We're planning a work day to tidy up and improve the space!
- Bristol HackKids meets the last Sunday of every month at 14:00.
- There's a google calendar for hackspace events!
- Matt offers to share his CNC Milling Machine
- Hackspace - The Next Generation - thoughts on getting more physical space
- EMF Camp 2014 - August 29th to 31st, 1200 hackers in a field. Arrange lift sharing and enthusiasm here.
- BV Open Studios 2013 is coming up soon - add your project to the list!
- We showed things off at the Bristol Mini Maker Faire in March 2013
- OpenSCAD workshop plans on the 29th January
- next Raspberry Pi Jam on the 8th Jan at the space
- Raspberry Pi Jam on the 11th December at the space
- Arduino Workshop 2 happened
- The Mad Hackers' Tea Party (in BV's Motorcade/Flashparade gallery)
For this wiki we use DokuWiki a freely available, standards compliant and easy to use wiki.
If you would like to know more about DokuWiki then you can visit the home page at: http://www.dokuwiki.org/dokuwiki or read the manual at: http://www.dokuwiki.org/manual
Wiki pages are written using a simple markup language. This allows you to add formatting such as bold, italic and underline and more. For more on this markup language see http://www.dokuwiki.org/syntax and How to create tables. If you would like to contribute to the wiki to add your own pages or anything else you consider useful to the Hackspace community then click the login link above. This will take you to another page from where you can register.